The mission of the Macon Arts Alliance is to foster and support the advancement of arts and culture in Central Georgia.
Macon Arts Alliance is a nonprofit organization that was founded in 1984. Since then, the arts alliance has worked to support, promote and advocate for the multi-million arts and culture industry in Macon-Bibb County and throughout Central Georgia. We serve more than 60 arts and cultural organizations and the fine arts programs of five universities throughout the mid-state, reaching an audience of more than 500,000 people.
Macon Arts Alliance is supported by public investments from Macon-Bibb County and Georgia Council for the Arts, and through generous private support from foundations, corporations and private contributions. We invite you to explore this website to learn about our projects and programs at work in the midstate.
Macon Arts Alliance is the designated local arts agency of Macon-Bibb County.
We are working to create an environment where arts and culture thrive and Central Georgia is recognized as an unparalleled cultural destination.
The values of Macon Arts Alliance include:
• The interconnection of the arts and culture to life in Central Georgia.
• Visibility and support for the traditional and evolving arts and culture in Macon and Central Georgia.
• Arts education and lifelong learning.
• An arts environment that includes private, commercial, public, and community-based organizations.
• Advocacy for public and private arts funding and for accessibility to the arts.